- Careers Education & Guidance Programme Statement
- CEIAG for Key Stage 3
- CEIAG for Key Stage 4
- KS3 to KS4 GCSE Pathway Guide
- Provider Access Policy
- Sixth Form Opportunities
- College Opportunties
- Apprenticeship Opportunities
- University (Higher Education)
- Employment Post 16
- Labour Market Information (LMI)
- Your Career Advisor
- Useful info & Links
Sixth Form Opportunities
Moving on to 6th Form
As Tamworth Enterprise College does not have the option of staying on Post-16, you may want to consider applying to another school. It is worth giving yourself time to think about this, and start looking into attending some open days/evenings at your chosen institution. This will allow you to get a feel for whether you would be comfortable there, as being happy in your surroundings is important.
What will you study?
You may have already decided on what subjects you would like to study, most 6th forms offer AS/A levels and BTEC Diplomas. These are usually a continuation of what you have selected in your GCSE options, e.g. History and Art. Some 6th forms may offer a wider range of choices like vocational qualifications.
What will it be like there?
6th form will be more relaxed, but still remain structured like at Tamworth Enterprise College. You will get times where you will not have a lesson, this is called a ‘free period’. You are expected to use this time to continue with your studies or complete outstanding homework. This time is not supervised by a teacher and if you are lucky, your school will have a room where 6th formers can go.
Even though you may have a free period, your school WILL expect you to still attend for the day. You will also not have to wear a school uniform, but follow a smarter dress code. Sorry no Jeans!!
How can I find out more?
If you are still unsure as to whether 6th form is for you, here’s some things you can start doing now:
- Start attending 6th form open days/evening - make sure you visit a few institutions; this will help you to confirm that you’ve made the right choice.
- Talk to students that already attend 6th form.
- Talk to the teachers - especially the ones that will be teaching you if you go there.
- Make sure that the 6th offers the courses you want to do.
- Start talking to people you trust, who can offer advice - parents, teachers or careers adviser.
Please click the following video advice from UCAS on preparing for Post 16.
Please see the local 6th form opportunities that are available to you:
|Landau 6th Form Tamworth|
|King Edwards 6th Form Lichfield|
|Polesworth 6th Form|
| Bishop Vesey's Grammar School 6th Form Sutton Goldfield|
The Friary School Sixth Form Lichfield